ActyMac DutyWatch Remote is a complex solution for remote computer monitoring of users activities. You can view reports online using Safari or iPhone/iPod Touch. You can use it to control the activities of employees or to watch over your children chatting on the net. Its wide functionality is equally fit for professional and private use. Even with scores of office Mac's, it's easy to know what people do during their work hours.
As a stealth monitoring and recording application KeystrokesWatch is worked out to create a digital record of keyboard activity including instant message chats, web sites manually typed in the search field, notes written, and amount of time spent on the computer. This extra backup recovery utility will help you to easily restore lost text, which was typed yesterday, the day before yesterday, or weeks ago. By continuously using ActyMac KeystrokesWatch you will save time by preventing accidental data damage and loss.
Screenshot Remote allows to take screenshots of the monitor of your home computer or even of the computers which are in your office. Moreover you can do it remotely by using iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch.
ActyMac VidShots Remote comprises two functions - quick screen capturing and FaceTimeHD (iSight) camera capturing. The program is designed both for business sphere and household and thereby the circle of the users is now extended.
InstallationTo Install DutyWatch
That’s it. DutyWatch is installed and ready to use.
- Download ActyMac DutyWatch from http://actymac.com/DutyWatch.
- Run the ActyMac-DutyWatch.dmg file from you desktop, or download location.
- In the ActyMac DutyWatch window, double click the Install.pkg file.
- Follow the prompts to install the program.
- After installation you may delete the ActyMac-DutyWatch.dmg file from your desktop.
Immediately after installation, DutyWatch is up and running capturing usage information and compiling the usage data.
Set Preferences for ActyMac DutyWatchUse the Preferences panels to specify how DutyWatch should work. Before selecting preferences make sure the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Preferences window is unlocked. To unlock, click the lock icon and enter the system password.
- “Enable Data Acquisition” - DutyWatch is working collecting usage information
- “Take Screenshots periodically” - DutyWatch will capture screenshots at specified intervals
Note: Screenshots can be captured every 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, or 60 minutes
- “Database Cleanup” - dumps the data stored at the selected interval
- “Clear All Data Now” deletes the current database
- Specify restricted words by typing the word in the add field and clicking the “+” button
- “Take a Screenshot” - creates and saves a screen capture shot
- “Show Notification” - uses the third party Growl application, to flash a warning on the computer screen notifying the user that a restricted word has been typed
Email SettingsComplete the fields here to send email notifications when restricted words are typed. You may also include the option to attach a screenshot to the email notification.
When finished, click the lock in the bottom left-hand corner of the Preferences window to lock the preference pane and prevent further changes.
To Use ActyMac DutyWatchImmediately after installation, DutyWatch is actively running, collecting usage information and organizing the data into usable, easy to understand formats.
There are several different ways to view the collected information: by session, by application, by keystrokes.
Specify the User and Time Range of data to review
- From the icons at the top of the DutyWatch main window, select “Time Range.”
- Using the calendar and clocks, set the time range of data to display.
Note: If you are using the free download trial version of DutyWatch, the time range is limited to the previous four hours.
- Click OK.
- DutyWatch compiles the data for that time frame.
- Select the user by selecting the login name of the user from the drop down list.
Sessions Tab – This tab shows in a bar chart format the usage by application, duration and number of symbols typed.
- Click on any column in the chart and the sidebar information tab will appear.
Review start and stop time of selected session, click on “Show in Finder” to find the application, or click on “Show Keystrokes” to switch to the “Keystrokes” tab and review all keystrokes of that particular session.
- Click on an application name in the spreadsheet at the bottom of the “Sessions” window to highlight all instances of that application in the bar chart above. The spreadsheet below also lists total number of symbols typed, total usage time and percent of usage based on the time range selected.
- Immediately below the “Sessions Chart” overall statistics are listed such as total work time, number of applications used, number of warnings issued, and total number of symbols typed.
- “Refresh” – use the refresh icon at the top right corner of the screen to update the data at any time.
Applications Usage – This tab shows in pie chart format the percentage of time spent in each application as a fraction of the time range specified.
- Click on any section of the pie chart to open the side bar tab will appear.
Review start and stop time of selected application, click on “Show in Finder” to find the application, or click on “Show Keystrokes” to switch to the “Keystrokes” tab and review all keystrokes made in that particular application.
- Click on an application name in the spreadsheet at the bottom of the “Application Usage” window to highlight that application’s slice in the pie chart above. The spreadsheet below also lists total number of symbols typed, total usage time and percent of usage based on the time range selected.
- Immediately below the “Applications Usage” pie chart overall statistics are listed such as total work time, number of applications used, number of warnings issued, and total number of symbols typed.
- Again the “Refresh” button may be used to update the data at any time.
Keyboard Usage – this tab is useful to show at a glance the number of keystrokes per application.
Each application is listed in order of most to least number of keystrokes made in that application. If an open/used application is not listed in this window it is because no keystrokes have been made in that application.
KeyStrokes – This tab lists all the typed strokes for a specified application.
- Specify an application in the “Sessions” tab or the “Applications usage” tab.
- Use the “Sessions” tab if you want to review keystrokes for a specific session within that application.
- Use the “Applications Usage” tab if you want to review keystrokes for all sessions in that application.
- Select the appropriate tab and click the appropriate session or application in the chart.
- Click back to the “KeyStrokes” tab or click the “Show Keystokes” button.
- “Full View” – clicking on this button opens the “Typed Stroke” window with the full text of that keystroke instance.
Note: The text in this window may be copied and pasted into other applications or exported using the export feature of DutyWatch.
- “Statistics” – Clicking this button either opens or closes the All Applications statistics panel. This panel displays typing statistics of the user.
Exporting DataThe information compiled by DutyWatch can be easily exported in CSV, HTML or Text formats.
- Click the Export icon at the top of the ActyMac DutyWatch window.
- Select which fields of information to export. Click “Next.”
- Select the format of the export file. Click “Next.”
- Name the output file and specify a location for the output file. Click “Output File.”
- Click the “Finish” button to create the export output file. When DutyWatch has finished, the file may be opened immediately. Otherwise access the file in the specified output location.
ActyMac DutyWatch is a powerful and easy to use Mac monitoring program. With DutyWatch running you have a tool to enforce the computer usage guidelines you set for your employees.
Please note: It is never recommended to use DutyWatch for spying or obtaining unauthorized access to any data whatsoever. You should always disclose that you are running ActyMac DutyWatch to anybody who may be affected by its use.
keylogger download keylogger free keylogger keystroke recorder free key logger keystroke recorder spy software key logger keystroke logger password recorder keystroke logger password grabber passwords password keystroke logging monitoring employees computer monitoring computer monitoring software monitoring software keylogger software hardware keylogger keyloger keyloggers parental control parental control software surveillance software mac mac os x